Wednesday 8 April 2015

BUHARI TELLS IGBOS TO FORGIVE OBA AKIOLU AND MOVE ON FOR THE SAKE OF PEACE


The President-Elect of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari during a rally in Lagos on Tuesday urged Igbos and non-indigenes in Lagos State to forgive all that has been said about them and move on for the sake of peace.

Buhari was addressing the comments made by Oba Akiolu to Igbo leaders who paid him a courtesy on Sunday, 5th April. The Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu threatened to deal with Igbo leaders if they didnot vote for the All Progressives Congress(APC) Governorship candidate for Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode.

Buhari described Lagos State as the home of everyone and it was time for people to look past ethnicity for the interest of peace.

PUNCH reports that Buhari said during the rally,

"I admire what your governor has done in terms of mobilising revenue to sustain Lagos development. I have a lot of respect for Governor Fashola for his hardwork, commitment to the state and the country. There is no doubt that Lagos is a mini-Nigeria. We are all here and it has been mentioned by previous speakers that everybody(tribe) is adequately represented in Lagos.
So, I assure you, If you vote for the continuity of APC in Lagos, you stand to gain more. It is in your interest that you vote for the APC.
Please when you go home tell your neighbours, relatives and even opposition to please bury the hatchet. Let them fall in lineand vote the APC.
When we were coming in our bus, Fashola told me how Lagos State had been spending to maintain the federal infrastructure here such as buildings, roads and other institutions. Ihad promised before that if I won the election and became President, I would make Lagos my priority. Governor Fashola is already holding me to that promise so I would like the incoming governor to listen carefully and make sure he makes me honour my undertaking"

No comments:

Post a Comment