Monday 4 May 2015

ABIA STATE GOVERNOR-ELECT, DR. OKEZIE IKPEAZU PLACES TEMPORARY BAN ON COURTESY VISITS


The Abia State Governor-elect, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has placed a temporary ban on courtesy visits by his supporters in order to concentrate and plan adequately on the task ahead.
In a press statement personally signed by him, Dr. Ikpeazu thanked Abia residents for their support but pleaded with those jostling to pay him courtesy visit to give him time to adequately plan for the task ahead.
The statement read in part,
"I wish to thank all those who have felicitated with me in one way or the other since I was declared winner but plead for understanding of all those who are planning courtesy calls that I shall no longer be available to receive any delegation coming with the intention to congratulate me.
"Because of the enormity of the task ahead, I require all the time I can get to plan to ensure that I justify the enormous confidence you have all reposed in me."
Dr. Ikpeazu's country home at Umuobiakwa in Obingwa has become a Mecca of sorts since he was declared the winner of the governorship election in Abia State.

No comments:

Post a Comment