Monday 4 May 2015

BRITISH GRANDMOTHER ON DEATH ROW IN INDONESIA BEGINS PREPARATION FOR EXECUTION


A British grandmother, Lindsay Sandiford, 58, on death row in Indonesia has started writing goodbye letters to her family and loved ones as she believes she could be executed anytime soon according to an article on Sunday in British Newspaper, The Mail.
"My execution is imminent and I know I might die anytime now. I could be taken tommorrow from my cell."
"I have started to write goodbye leters to members of my family" she wrote.
Sandiford from Redcar, North East England plans to sing, 'Magic Moments' when facing the firing squad. She does not plan to wear any blindfold.
Sandiford was sentenced to death in 2013 after cocaine worth 1.6 million pounds was found in the false bottom of her suitcase as she arrived Bali in a flight from Thailand in 2012.
Sandiford admitted to the crime but said she agreed to carry drugs after a drug syndicate threatened to kill her son.
She regards executed Australian, Andrew Chan who became a pastor in prison as one of the heros of her lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment